Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Introduction and packing (aliter dictum mandatory 'hey guys I'm writing a blog and am feeling a bit overzealous' post)


"England: Land of Harry Potter and Truffles!"-Cactaur, Final Fantasy Fugitive

Hello the internet! I am going to Oxford for two weeks to participate in the Logos Conference where I will be studying ancient Greek papyri. The beautiful building you see in the background is St. Hugh's college, the college that will be hosting the conference. I am tremendously excited and so I hope to share that excitement with you all through this. Since I lack both a gopro and a helmet, I cannot give you the full Julius Caesar experience (I will explain in the next installment), however I shall attempt to vividly describe what I am doing and post pictures of what I can. I will be saying goodbye to the land of freedom and gun rights next Tuesday and will arive in London the following day. I have decided to get an early start on the blog because I don't really have much else to do right now. I shall briefly go over a few worries about packing for England:
1. Given all the mystery programs I have seen involving murders in Oxford, I wonder if it is a wise idea to bring a straight razor?
2. Will people mind my carrying a pocket knife?
3. I must not forget to remove my knife from my pocket before going to the airport.
4. Will it be obvious that I am an American? Should I make it more obvious?

On a more serious note, I will probably be living with other believers, which I am excited about. I still hope that I can be a light in the world and represent Christ well in love and in my actions when I will interact with people who do not know Him. Until next time! Farewell! or as the Brits say, Farewell!


No comments:

Post a Comment